Estragar - World of Horror

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world filled with horror, adventure awaits for those brave enough to leave the safty of their homes and venture past the main gates into the unknown. What will our adventurers find? What awaits them in the uncharted areas of Estragar? Only time will tel

2 posters

Meeting for Tea...

Titus Viathon Rune
    Titus Viathon Rune

Meeting for Tea... Empty Meeting for Tea...

Post  Titus Viathon Rune Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:11 pm

The majesty of the White Tower looming above a thousand city streets…
    A small room, shrouded in tapestries, walls covered in books, scrolls, and vellums, a single writing desk placed neatly to one side by a small open window, upon it strewn a multitude of trinkets, some of arcane and some of decorative nature. Three cushioned chairs place neatly in the centre of the chamber surrounding a small and elegant round table of glass and copper. Upon a finely crafted silver platter lie three cups, a tea pot, a vase of honey, a platter of small sweat cakes, and three plates; the smell of vanilla, lavender and jasmine incence is thick in the air.
    A wiry-framed young man lies sprawled out on his small yet comfortable pallet, still fully robed after a long and tedious day of political and social activities. A knock sounds at the door…

“While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
    As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.”

Titus:
    “Aivera! Ossalur erekess! Enter!” (Elven: Enter! Draconic: Walk through!)
    I stand from my pallet fully robed in my noble blue and gold, straightening out both Robes and hair I await the entry of my guests.

As you enter I bow slightly, a crooked smile playing across my thin lips.
    “Greetings of the day to you Ian Akedama, Ik Nemia (Elven: Lord Akedama, Mighty Nemia). Please, take a seat. I will prepare the tea.”
    “It is a pleasure to have you over both. Vivendi thosel sennivi, nievana sen fis. Elrad losi sennivi, nievana jen skiimer lareth.” (Elven: A pool of clear water is lovely, no matter what it’s depth. A green leaf is lovely, no matter how short the day.)
    The crooked smile broadens but never truly spreads to my eyes. It is clear that I am cautious but courteous.
    “Sit, and let us talk. How are your other companions fairing? What were their names again?”
    Amusement dances across my face.

Akedama:
    Akedama entered with Nemia giving the half elf before them a friendly smile and near chuckling with amusement as his eyes danced to take in the room and reaction of Nemia to the half-elf's greeting. Did Nemia speak elvish? He'd never really found out. A gentle smile touched Akedama's lips at the welcome and the compliment and he glimpsed his friend again, did she hear the sweet words offered up to her? He could only hope and a small bubble of excitment build up at where this road could lead for his dearest marshmellow.

At Nemeia's silence Akedama responded on thier behalf, "Greetings master Rune, amin lastuva ten' aredhelamin quena hodo." [ I will listen because my lord (elf) speaks wisely]

A short bow of respectful greeting accompanied his words to this servant of the White Tower. The well known blood read coat Akedama usually favoured in the streets was replaced with a far more demure and assure black, an elegant severity far more acceptable to one of his rank in this place of wagging tongues and rumour. And more impressive was the lack of sign marking the bruises and mess resulting from attempting to goad, persuade and finally (perhaps stupidly) attempt some of the similar appearance care into his dearest bodyguard. It had been one of his favourite hair brushes as well.

Taking in the appearance of the cleric did bring a smile however. When not insulting the others in the bowels of the sewer after a rather unfortunate kidnapping, Master Rune did clean up rather well. Moving to the seats offered Akedama stood and waited by his rather against his habit these days. Old lessons and noble instincts of etiquette surfacing as they did when needed. He stood aside for Nemia to sit first, ready to pull back her chair as a gentleman should unless, hopefully, Rune sought to do the same first.

"Oh they are well Master Rune, everyone cleaned up and now are resting I believe, Miss Lia even decided to take in the gardens once again while Miss Vola is enjoying her time I'm sure, Wouldn't you agree Nemia?"

There was a ruffle of cloth and sliding out from the edge of Akedama's coat, nervously sniffing it's way up to the edge of the table was a small, furry nose. There was the smell of predator here, and claws and death....but there was also...cake...hmmm...cake...or death...cake...or death...?

Nemia:
    The purple female looked at the human, then at Akadama 'What on this world is up with these two? I should think of asking for more money to... baby sit this whelp. One day I'm going to loose any restraint and put him in the medical ward'

She wasn’t much of a person to regard nobility in any high regard or reverence, she simply nodded at his greeting. (PS please translate any elven you are using, for those other players who can speak the language, thanks) His remarks in elven didn’t phase, even if she could understand it, she didn’t care, for at this moment they were in his... domain, and she had to restrain herself.

Nemia gave the food a look over, definitely better than any tavern she was use too, but she couldn’t help but think there were alterior motives to him asking them to join him. One thing she was sure of, if his hands so much as touched her, she would be happy to be thrown out the window after she gets through with him

"Thanks" she waved, not even bothering to meet any sort of formality. She looked at the ferret and the hawk, hopefully between the two of them, there might be some kind of entertainment.

Titus:
    Aah, Lia and Vola, right. An interesting name Lia, does it not mean Mistress? The beauty of their names belie their rugged natures, is it not said that to find the rarest lotus one must face the mire?” Bowing his head slightly, eyes shifting from Akadama to Nemia and back again. His eye glean violet for a moment in the lamplight “That brings us to the matter of my invitation. Please, sit Nemia, this concerns you as much as our Lord Akadama.
    I have promised Razor a morsel if he leaves your ferret be, so please convey to him that it is safe to be at ease. Here…” Breaking off a small piece of cake, I place it on a plate and offer it up to the ferret. A grin spreading across my face. “I often find the honesty of animals refreshing after dealing with the drudgery of courtly life.”
    “You, Nemia, remind me of another Elven saying, as does this whole situation, Avel niemel sikki mor hiedoso welsa, op avel inorum nekra. A sword unseen is no less sharp than a sword held openly, or one in a sheath.” An eyebrow cocks as I look at Nemia grudging but wary respect evident on my face.

Just then…
    (DM even in city)
    Everyone feels and hears a rumble, soon the entire city starts to shake, some of the weaker building collapse, the tower shakes, people run and scream in fear. The sky flashes a dark blackish purple, only briefly before the shaking stops and the sky clears.

Titus:
    Taking stock of my surroundings and on the effect this has had on Nemia and Akadama. Once this is done I go to my window to see what's going on.
    "I do believe our meeting is through. I pray nobody's injured. Although we may never know if we do not act immediately, more lives may be at stake." I call on Razor and collect my equipment and all I may need. "First I must take council with my Masters. You two may accompany me, again this matter may concern you... Send word to your friends, tell them to meet you here. We must discover the cause of these disturbances and if anyone will know anything about this it will be the High-priests of the temples and the Master Wizards of the Tower."
    Mumbling under my breath “…I was so looking forward to this tea…”
    Rolling Eyes
    Vinnie
    Vinnie

Meeting for Tea... Empty Re: Meeting for Tea...

Post  Vinnie Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:24 pm

Meeting for Tea... 3579947745_d08a83398a

It was all going so splendidly Akedama though, a playful eye darting from host to guestee! And in better light the elf did fiar well to a critical eye...the stench of the sewers gone was not a bad jot either on that note. Still he watched as unobstrusivly as he could, a friendly grin spreading lips to reveal jaggered pointed teeth.

Titus Viathon Rune wrote:
    Titus:
    Aah, Lia and Vola, right. An interesting name Lia, does it not mean Mistress? The beauty of their names belie their rugged natures, is it not said that to find the rarest lotus one must face the mire?” Bowing his head slightly, eyes shifting from Akadama to Nemia and back again. His eye glean violet for a moment in the lamplight “That brings us to the matter of my invitation. Please, sit Nemia, this concerns you as much as our Lord Akadama.
    I have promised Razor a morsel if he leaves your ferret be, so please convey to him that it is safe to be at ease. Here…” Breaking off a small piece of cake, I place it on a plate and offer it up to the ferret. A grin spreading across my face. “I often find the honesty of animals refreshing after dealing with the drudgery of courtly life.”
    “You, Nemia, remind me of another Elven saying, as does this whole situation, Avel niemel sikki mor hiedoso welsa, op avel inorum nekra. A sword unseen is no less sharp than a sword held openly, or one in a sheath.” An eyebrow cocks as I look at Nemia grudging but wary respect evident on my face.
    Rolling Eyes

Akedama's attention was soon stolen however by Sebastian's antics at the table.

A little nose peered over the table, eyeing the cake before glancing up at his master as the thought was shared of safety and no hawks and cake....the nose twitched and eyeing nor the morsel but the man Sebastian crept forward centimetre by centimetre at a time. A timid look on his face and prepared to dart off into the shadows of Akedama's jacket at the briefest sign of threat. Mouth open he stretched his neck to reach for the cake. His grip was so timid and gentle that the merest tug and it would be taken from him should Rune seek to tease him and the little ferret

Akedama bite back the comment about duelling swords that would normally have slipped out at such a setup but still he grinned thinking of another shared sword duel a few weeks ago with a bat winged companion and his friend. At least she hadn't spent much of that brief time as a female. Still, he bite his tongue, habit at the formal dress and setting controlling his words more securely and well than mere willpower ever could. The ferret jerked back with the purloined pastry fleeting back to the safety of Akedama's lap and chewing thoroughly and swallowing before peeking up over the table leg smiley and darting out again, picking up another piece of cake and moving it to Rune's plate. After a moment he broke a small piece of that up gobbled it down then chattered happily at the new friend before darting forward, climbing his clock and in the blink of an eye hugging around his neck like a living scarf before settling again in Akedama's own lap for a cakey scritch or two.

Akedema clapped thrilled and almost coo'd at Sebastian's adorable manner, "Did you see that Nemikins! I believe he likes you Master Rune!"

Titus Viathon Rune wrote:
    Just then…
    (DM even in city)
    Everyone feels and hears a rumble, soon the entire city starts to shake, some of the weaker building collapse, the tower shakes, people run and scream in fear. The sky flashes a dark blackish purple, only briefly before the shaking stops and the sky clears.

Titus:
    Taking stock of my surroundings and on the effect this has had on Nemia and Akadama. Once this is done I go to my window to see what's going on.
    "I do believe our meeting is through. I pray nobody's injured. Although we may never know if we do not act immediately, more lives may be at stake." I call on Razor and collect my equipment and all I may need. "First I must take council with my Masters. You two may accompany me, again this matter may concern you... Send word to your friends, tell them to meet you here. We must discover the cause of these disturbances and if anyone will know anything about this it will be the High-priests of the temples and the Master Wizards of the Tower."
    Mumbling under my breath “…I was so looking forward to this tea…”
    Rolling Eyes

The world shook and rumbled around them as Akedema lifted a cup of tea, pinkie extended as was proper. Breeding showed for the brief moment as curiosity was the only emotion that showed, a cautious curiosity as he concentrated on the only two things truly in his control just then, making sure the tea did not spill and making sure the cake did not fall into his lap...currently full of a terrified ferret with his tail in the air and hands covering has eyes.

The shaking subsided.

"Well...can't say I've felt the earth move quite like that before..." At least not outside of a certain tavern keeper's chambers. "I wonder what that could have been...?"

Rune was a flurry of movement and motion and Aceldama’s eyes drifted to the window, zoning in on the white marble and ancient stone of his home, close enough to the tower and fortunately enough on this side that he could see it was still standing. The colours of the sky were unnerving and the fact that this had all occurred in daylight more so.

Standing he lifted an arm to allow Sebby to scramble to his shoulder and gave him a scratch of comfort before turning to the half elf. "Indeed, we were rather looking forward to it as well," He glanced to Nemia, sure the sentiment was well enough for them both, "There would have been some interesting potential if nothing else to develop...beyond friendship of course." He gave the fighter a wink.

Giving a straight backed bow Akedama's smile was soft and playful, "Thank you for the invitation Master Rune, and the tea as well, brief as it was." On his shoulder Sebby blinked looked at Rune and gave a little bob of his head to Rune and the hawk before currying down the back of Akedama's coat.

"We shall move to collect our companions as well and return with all due haste.

With that he waited for Nemia to give her own goodbyes and was off form the tower.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:55 pm