Estragar - World of Horror

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world filled with horror, adventure awaits for those brave enough to leave the safty of their homes and venture past the main gates into the unknown. What will our adventurers find? What awaits them in the uncharted areas of Estragar? Only time will tel

3 posters

STORY THREAD : TEMPLE OF PELOR

Dungeon Master
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

STORY THREAD : TEMPLE OF PELOR Empty STORY THREAD : TEMPLE OF PELOR

Post  Dungeon Master Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:46 pm

The cleric all looked very surprised and somewhat stunned as Rune and Lord Akadama entered their temple with a statue that looked very dark and demonic, demanding that "she" be healed. "What is the meaning of this?" the highest ranking cleric demanded as he shoved past the staring and murmering acolites "What kind of defilement did you bring into this holy place?!"
    Titus Viathon Rune
    Titus Viathon Rune

STORY THREAD : TEMPLE OF PELOR Empty Re: STORY THREAD : TEMPLE OF PELOR

Post  Titus Viathon Rune Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:58 pm

The besmirched and worn Titus steps into the path of the Cleric, “I am Titus Viathon Rune, diplomat of both this Temple and the White Tower. This… defilement… as you would call it was once a living woman. We bring her here in the hopes of finding aid for her current condition, and I assure you, aside from an unfortunate tendency towards uncouthness she is no more a villain than you. Also, I bear a tome of some importance which, I seek sanctuary in the light of The Shining One, he who protect and watches over. This Arcane Grimoire is of some importance, it is of vile artifice and I fear what may come to pass while I study it. Closer to the clergy further from harm, as they say. So I would ask two things of you, firstly the undoing of this malady that has befallen one of my friends, secondly the safety of a chamber while I study further this… vile tome. It may hold secrets to stopping the plight of this city, and if so the sooner my requests are met, the better for us all.” After this speech I stand back and arch my brow expectantly towards the Cleric.
    Vinnie
    Vinnie

STORY THREAD : TEMPLE OF PELOR Empty clerical error

Post  Vinnie Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:45 pm

They were bruised, singed and none too clean so it was no wonder the clerics had a bad reaction. Before he could speak Rune had side stepped the conversation and Akedama was grateful to the slight foresight to bring him with from below the city.

Still the response, so typical to their arrival stung and he visibly had to restrain flinching as though struck, as a common sight as they were around the city it had been some time since someone had been as verbal about Nemia or himself.

His face was no mask though and he realised it was not the time for noble pompousness and demands, not here in the temple while the needed help so very much.

Rune finished his speech and Akedama saw the clerics eyeing him again, still holding on to the Nemia statue's arm and pulled himself straight, but the desperate pleading in his eyes lingered, " I am Lord Akedama Flynnigan Grell, third son of the family Grell. Nemia is my bodyguard and more so my friend. She fell protecting my while we worked to protect the city. Please Master Cleric, I beg of you, help her. I will give anything you might ask but help her."
    Vinnie
    Vinnie

Post  Vinnie Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:27 pm

OOC: on behlf of GM
    Dungeon Master wrote:The clerics eyed the bunch. Both Rune and Grell were important but this statue still resembled something foul. But as their deity stated, they could not turn away a cry for help.

"Rune, take the book to the back room while we move your petrified friend to a place where we can attempt to remove the state she seems to be in... We will try our best. Other than that we cannot promise anything. Lord Grell, please wait here, we will inform you of our progress as soon as we can... Our clerics will help you with getting clean and to maybe help you calm your body and mind"
    Titus Viathon Rune
    Titus Viathon Rune

Post  Titus Viathon Rune Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:35 pm

"Thank you brother, there is all too much evil afoot and far too little time. I will retire to the room prepared. Thank you again." Bowing my head I recites the appropriate litany of thanks. "Sun lord and Shining one. Blessed be my brothers, and shining light of strength bear my humble thanks in your golden arms. Strength to strength and light be with you."
    I turn towards Akedama, "My Lord Akedama. I apologize for my rudeness just now, I am as anxious as you to see Nemia restored and I am not at all comfortable in the presence of this dark grimoire no matter my need to see it's secret's revealed. See to your friends health, and make yourself welcome in the Temple of Pelore. I will be just there" pointing to the back room "if you need anything. Take care of her and yourself my Lord." The lines of worry clear on my brow, a darkness in my eyes and a palore on my moist skin tell of the strain the effects of the grimoire are putting on me. Pulling the levitating tome along I walk towards the chamber...
    Vinnie
    Vinnie

Post  Vinnie Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:52 pm

STORY THREAD : TEMPLE OF PELOR Grell-kuroshitsuji-14521012-650-688

Akedama seemed to sag slightly in relief in the words of the head cleric that they would help Nemia. He paused giving the statue a riddculous hug before it was moved away by some of the burlier of the clerics present, Watching it go he missed some of Runes words but turned in time before the other went to pause him with a hand on his sleeve. Unable to delay him long at the visible strain the other suffered apparently form the book.

He gave a soft grateful smile to the other, all usual innuendo at his grins absent in favour of a sincere gratitude, "There was no rudeness seen or taken master Rune, thank you, thank you for coming with to help."

He turned the bright grin on the head cleric, "Thank you to you as well Master Cleric, i know that the clerics of Pelor will be able to help my Nemia." ....of course the effect of the wide friendly smile might be ruined slightly as the baring of a razor sharp row of teeth met the cleric, but the intent was still there.

The clerics who were meant to help him clean up and calm approached and only then did Akedama realise how dirty they all were and had to stifle an amused and weary chuckle, Instead he nodded to Rune's back as he went, "Be careful with that book master Rune." before turning to the clerics with a friendly smile.

Dungeon Master
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:21 pm

The clerics were friendly as they helped each with their problem, some did flinch at the smile the Lord Grell gave them, but continued with their duties.

After about an hour the head cleric returned "I have good news and bad news, good news is shes fine and resting, the bad news, we couldnt remove it completely, seems their is some kind of curse bonded to the spell that we are unsure of how to remove. She may have a relapse of some sort every now and then, where she will return to her stone state, but only for a short while, so unless we can find who ever made this possible or someone who knows how to fix it, she may have to live with this problem till she dies"

the cleric waited patiently for the male to respond, knowing what kind of news he just delivered, he would be their for the young man if needed
    Vinnie
    Vinnie

Post  Vinnie Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:11 pm

STORY THREAD : TEMPLE OF PELOR Grell_11

Akedama, more than any of his siblings, was a people person. Therefore it was a cosy little troop the head cleric found as he sat with several other clerics, clean, comforted and more than a little girlie as the effeminate man, an effeminate cleric, three female clerics and one rather uncomfortable looking male cleric sat in a group, playing with each others hair and braiding little blossoms as they laughed and chattered and did everything they could to keep Akedama distracted form worrying about one of his friends.

The relief in the more masculine male's eyes at the arrival of the head cleric could be seen across the room, admittedly tinged with embarrassment at the small daisy chain that had been wrapped around his neck by Akedama and the girls.

The chatting and giggling stopped and Akedama spotting the cleric stood, his initial words pouring cold liquid lead into his stomach as he approached the man, desperate for good news. He listened and digested the news.

"But...but she's alright? And will turn back after the relapses and be alright again?"

For a moment Akedama's eyes welled up with watery tears, hands clenched in front of himself at the pleading before, at the head clerics affirmative, his face lit with a wide smile and he couldn't help but give a happy bounce. He turned to the others grinning, "She's going to be alright! My marshmallow fluffle upmitikins is going to be almost perfectly alright!" He bounces a little on the balls of his feet before turning back to the head cleric.

"Thank you! Oh thank you thank you thank you!" He didn't wait for permission before trying to envelop the older man in a gratefully hug!
    Dungeon Master
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:18 pm

The cleric just chuckled as he hug the smaller male "We tried our best, we couldnt cure her fully, you will have to keep an eye on her, she is vulnerable in that state" he said still hugging the lad

After a while a younger female cleric came back "The woman has regained consciousness, if you would like to speak to her?" she offered the noble
    Vinnie
    Vinnie

Post  Vinnie Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:07 pm

STORY THREAD : TEMPLE OF PELOR 1873-1416113096

It was a complete turn about for the man who had been pleasant but worried to clap his hands happily and nod gratefully at the female cleric. "Yes please, oh very much so."

He nodded to the head cleric, "I understand master cleric, and I will take extra special care until we find a way to undo what has been done, although if you found and hints or clues to start us in a direction I would very much appreciate it,"

And his appreciation was going to start with a massive donation when they left. Huge as could be now that he had his marshmallow flufflimpins back.

A deep breath and a thought of gratitude for the clerics of Pelor before he moved to join the woman and be taken to his Nemi-poo.
    Titus Viathon Rune
    Titus Viathon Rune

Post  Titus Viathon Rune Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:30 pm

Entering the small and yet amenable chamber, I pull the tome inside after me and close the door behind. Maneuvering the large and encumbering grimoire onto the table provided, directly before a simple yet comfortable chair. Taking off my backpack I send a silent message to Razor.
    Settling heavily I take a deep breath. Calling on my inner power and the discipline of two schools I reach into a pouch at my side and begin chanting, calling on ancient and secret powers of heaven and earth I start moving my hands in a complex series of motions. Eyes closed I cast a series of spells: Light on my forehead, Mage armor, Guidance, Divine Favor.
    Once done I take a moment, a deep breath to center myself and prepare. I reach out with my inner senses, feeling the book. It’s pages, it’s words, the hidden power imbued into it’s fibers. I try to “see” into the book, identifying any hidden malicious spells, any traps, trying to gain a sense of the nature of the book and how to open it without unleashing anything nasty and without in any way damaging it’s precious contents.
    Vinnie
    Vinnie

Post  Vinnie Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:14 pm

on behalf of GM:

STORY THREAD : TEMPLE OF PELOR 1-2

Nemia was in a bed. Her skin was still a pale purple/grey color as the effects of the spell slowly wore off. She was weak, her eyes barely open. As the two walked in she said something softly, a mere whisper "I hope I get double pay..." she tried to smile but was still to weak to even do that properly.

The female cleric bowed and left. Leaving the two to have some time alone. She closed the room doors behind her. It was a small room. A bed and a desk only. A few medical and magical supplies on the desk next to the patient. A single window with heavy curtain was the only other decoration visible.

@ viathon : the book has a gold casing. Inscribed with runes of an unknown language. The pages are made of bone and ivory. The very aura of the book makes you feel sick to your very soul. Other than that, the book seems to be harmless.
    Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!
    Titus Viathon Rune
    Titus Viathon Rune

Post  Titus Viathon Rune Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:35 pm

I rummage through my backpack for my own grimoure, ink well, and quill. Placing them carefully upon the table I open to the next blank in the appropriate section. Slowly I open the ancient tome, all senses alert for any change, and I begin transcribing...
    Vinnie
    Vinnie

Post  Vinnie Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:31 am

STORY THREAD : TEMPLE OF PELOR Grell10

Akedama stepped in and seeing her awake, the barley there movement of lungs raising and falling had him shudder and then smile, beaming as eyes watered, "Nemi-poo...."

He almost though himself at her but took care for her fragile state. Still he wrapped his arms around his friend not heeding the clercs departure as he held the woman close, "Double? Tripple! Quadrupal! A million times a million so long as you promise to never do something like that again! I was so worried about you!"

Cheeks were damp and Nemia would have felt a bit of damp on the side of her neck even as he pulled back, teary and beaming, "I'm so happy you're alright....my marshmallow floppsy wopsy's alright and alive...."

Even the little ball of fuzz that was Sebastian seemed teary as he carefully climbed to sit beside her, sniffing her hand and giving it an affection and friendly nuzzle.
    Dungeon Master
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:47 am

a fist landed on the top of the male's head, no force what so ever behind the 'hit' just more of it settling in on the male "you are such a panzy, you know that" nemia said still whispering "but im glad you're okay, and i dont think your folks will be happy if i let this happen to you next time, after all, im suppose to protect you" her hand slipped off his head and settled back on the bed, her eyes falling shut once again

the female cleric came in and made sure she was okay before turning to the lord,"please my lord, let her rest, she is still exhausted from the magics we used to cure her, she needs rest, come back later if you wish, but now, be so kind and leave" she gave him a sweet friendly smile.
    Vinnie
    Vinnie

Post  Vinnie Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:27 pm

STORY THREAD : TEMPLE OF PELOR Grell_12

Nothing made Akedama believe Nemia would be alright as much as that tap to the head, even as weak as it was. "Well one of us has to be the girly one."

He gave a grin and wiped his eyes. She started nodding off and he nodded to her comment. "Then they can be angry, I don't care. You're my best friend." He gave her a brotherly peck on the horn as she drifted off and then standing followed the priestess out when asked. Stepping out he caught one last glimpse of her, feeling a bit more relieved before giving the cleric a wide smile. "Thank you, thank all of you so very much. I wish there was more I could do to show how grateful we are for the temple's help, but I'm afraid all I can think of is a donation, would that be alright?"

He wasn't really sure what was the correct procedure with these types of things.
    Dungeon Master
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:32 pm

The cleric smiled "all donations are handled by our chief financial advisor, you can find him through the passage way, first entrance to your right, mind your head" she smiled and bussled off on some errand she probably had to do
    Vinnie
    Vinnie

Post  Vinnie Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:40 am

OOC: tired bed time, short post

He nodded smiling and thanking her again before making his way to the room as directed. Reaching the door he knocked a gentle knock waiting for the word to enter.
    Titus Viathon Rune
    Titus Viathon Rune

Post  Titus Viathon Rune Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:10 pm

After two hours at the transcription I stand, stretch, and close both books. Placing one carefully away, the other I take by it's cord and walk out of the room. Walking towards the first cleric I see, "Pardon me brother, I am wont to go on an errand that may take some time. Please, if you would be so kind, tell my companion that I will be traveling to the Temple of Boccob. There is business I must attend to there and I do not want them to think I have abandoned them. Thank you brother, and may the Gods bless you."
    (My mind races with the implications of my decision, what will the Priests say? Will my decision be met with joy or trepidation? I am torn in mind but resolved in heart. This time have been long in coming. A silent prayer runs through my mind "Pelor, ye lord of light, forgive me. I will always be grateful for your generosity, your goodness and grace, but I was never meant to follow on your path. Never will I forget, never will I cease to pray, but the time has come to follow the path placed before me.") A single tear rolls down my cheek. I let it tumble down, the trail of it's moisture a reminder of the pain, the nights alone as a child, of the horror of justice. A whisper to no one "No more..."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:56 am