A world filled with horror, adventure awaits for those brave enough to leave the safty of their homes and venture past the main gates into the unknown. What will our adventurers find? What awaits them in the uncharted areas of Estragar? Only time will tel

STORY THREAD : Dragon's Eye city

Dungeon Master
    Admin

STORY THREAD : Dragon's Eye city

Post  Dungeon Master on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:15 pm

The metropolis of Dragon's Eye was bustling as usual. The walls kept them safe from the horrors of the outside. The guards were at their posts, all was well. Even the temple of Heironius was safe. A single trouble maker was arested. He was taken to the white tower in the middle of the city. None spoke of it, but all knew it was a place few returned from. Everybody knew their place. Be it at the top or bottom, life went on inside the city.
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

Re: STORY THREAD : Dragon's Eye city

Post  Dungeon Master on Wed May 18, 2011 12:28 pm

The tavern where you are staying at was quiet, the events of the night still fresh in everyone's mind. Outside there was a clean up happening, bodies, dust and bones were being cleaned off the street. The White Tower rang out the bells. Every person who gave their life was being honored through this. Yet, the city continued, it stood, it lasted yet another night. The tavern was opened, the bars unlocked, and the people could once again traverse the city with the knowledge that they are safe for another day
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:27 pm

night was falling, the tavern was about to be locked up for the night, alarms were still being heard throughout the city, as you can also hear the heavy footfalls of the soldiers as they began to patrol and roam the city. Dragon's Eye was locked up tight for the night, as everyone in it once again awaited the shrieks of the creatures they were sertain would come. It was a cloud covered night, so the streets were even darker as the moon's light did not shine down on the city. Even the small second moon (yes, i know i never mentioned it, i came up with it now) was covered so it too did not give any light to those patroling the city. It was a very dark night, whisperes were lower than normal, even music was softer. times like these signalled a very dangerous night for all who lived in the city
    Vinnie

Grell

Post  Vinnie on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:34 am

[img][/img]

Lord Akedama Grell had been stragnly silent since they'd arrived. Mostly that wqas becuase of the serious nature of the rather formal letter he wrote in the darkned light without pause or problem. A formal letter of apology and a silver coin to the barman to ensure after lock down tomorrow it would be delivered to the general to beg the man excuse Akadeama's behaviour earlier that evening. Even now the general and his men would be scouring the streets but there was something off in teh air.

The feel of the night was a strange one and Akedama was grateful to know his brothers sat and rested home and safe and weren't among those guarding the streets tonight.

He spent some time greeting the odd indivual or two and drinking the odd glass of wine and even took the time to enter the first page of a new journal, but catching the eye of an attractive Elven soldier from some nearby elf forest or city (or possibly both) he suddenly found something rather more interesting to help with the growing tension. Perhaps it was his upbringing of confident disregard for the fears of more common and everyday men, perhaps his secure knowledge of their safety within on this night like to many others in the city life, perhaps it was the shape of the other man's ass in those pants as he sent Akedama a wink. either way the night was too young, life to short and the enforced celibacy of necessary control far too inconsequential not to at least indulge in some shameless flirting.

He moved over and soon in a darkened accolve was enjoying light and intimate banter with the elf as the conversation drifted closer and closer to room keys and sheets in the softened whispers of the the night.
    Lia

Post  Lia on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:54 am

Lia forcefully finds a corner for herself with a drink to try and settle down for the night. She is starting to be visibly irritated by the 'cooped up' city life, and the fact that she cant even spend the night outside in the gardens instead of here. Exclamation
    They better resolve this soon......or she might join Vinny.....All this politics and funny night time monsters....joining Timmy and Uggu again is an idea, but they are still kept within walls.
    Not to mention this Akadama fellow...with his strange ways, its not that she doesnt like him, he is just so,... different. Might just be the 'cooped-up' ness getting to her.
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:20 am

The night dragged on. Around midnight a loud screetch echoed across the city. Followed by the shouts of soldiers. The attack finally came. Loud thuds could be heard around the tavern. The sounds of battle soon followed.

Up the stairs, around a corner, down the hall, past the locked door an elf was removing his garments, patting the spot next to him "join me..."

Nemia went to join the elf in the corner. People usually shunned her if things got dangerous. Considering her looks she didn't blame them "lia was it? Mind if I join you?"
    Lia

Post  Lia on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:35 am

With a face that couldn't be bothered "Sure, not like there is anything ells to do right now"
    Lia realizes that Nemia is the kind of person no one really likes that much, but right now she couldn't care less, after all she herself shuns this so-called society for living in confined 'boxes' with no way out.
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:54 am

Nemia smiled her fanged smile and sat down "this city has a lot to offer if you just give it time. Yes its a dangerous place at night but the people are generally friendly. You've been to the gardens, there's a park too. " she smirked and began to drink with the elf
    Lia

Post  Lia on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:00 am

This grabbed Lia's attention from mumbling to herself. "I park too, you say? Will have to visit it as soon as they let us out of this cage" as she takes another sip of her drink
    "Does anyone know why these things attack here each night, but no where ells I've heard off?" Since they started a conversation, she might as well keep her mind off the 'cooped-up' syndrome.
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:23 am

She put down her mug "why I'm not sure. As to the times and places... 5 places I heard were attacked and wiped out, but only two in the last year. Duvics pass and a fishing village" she took another gulp "other than that I don't know much else. I was our of the city about 2 months... And I can only recall 2 odd things that happened"
    Lia

Post  Lia on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:44 am

"Really? We passed through Duvics pass just the other day, and some of us come from a small fishing village past there....."
    She puts down her mug too, as this is getting interesting, even some of the screams and thuds from outside don't phase her.
    "What are the other odd things you've heard off?"
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:02 pm

"only thing I can recall now is a strange girl we encountered a couple of times. Aparently we weren't the only ones who encoyntered her. Not sure who or what she is though... Or where she comes from... Her appearence was different every time I saw her"
    Lia

Post  Lia on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:10 pm

"Yes, the funny girl that is always on her own, we met her as well, twice. Sapphire seems to know her as Jessie, but that is all I know. I think she is some kind of ghost...."
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:23 pm

"sapphire? As in lady sapphire? The ruler of the black tower? You know her? Personally?" there was a hint of admiration in the female's voice "almost noone has seen her let alone know her..."
    Lia

Post  Lia on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:37 pm

"Yes, she traveled with us for a while as long as we helped her find some stuff in her mothers tower. We came from there before we came to this city."
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

After the Tunnels

Post  Dungeon Master on Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:03 pm

The sun was up, people were beginning to come out to resume there lives on the streets and the stores. Noone paying any mind to the wary group of people who smelled very bad. To them they looked at the moment like people who belonged on the streets.

Nemia was unphased as she waved at them "im going to get cleaned up, and Akadama, I dont care if you stand on your head, I'm dragging you with me, the rest can go where they want, but i'n not leaving you alone after that little adventure you got us both in"
    Lia

Post  Lia on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:06 am

Lia was just glad to be out of the confined space, "Right, I'm going to do the same, and then spend the rest of the day in the park, unless someone has a problem with that?"
    Dungeon Master
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:35 am

Unknown to those talking, they were being watched, eyes followed their movements as they began to split up, the two fiendblooded creatures went one way, the elf the other. 'yes, i will follow them untill... yes mistriss i will do as you say, but... n..no mistriss i didnt mean to question you... very well, i will do as you say' as the watcher once again followed orders. It wasnt clear why these creatures were so important to the mistriss, but they were important nontheless, hence the reason they will be watched till the mistriss seems fit to contact them
    Vinnie

Post  Vinnie on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:23 pm

Dungeon Master wrote:Nemia was unphased as she waved at them "im going to get cleaned up, and Akadama, I dont care if you stand on your head, I'm dragging you with me, the rest can go where they want, but i'n not leaving you alone after that little adventure you got us both in"

Akadama had emerged into the light of new morning a little tired but more than anything bustling with energy and excitement at their little adventure and what had been discovered in the course of the night. Oh my who would have thought so much went on beneath the city floor! And they'd made a new friend, from the way she acted maybe even more than a friend! It was so very exciting all and all and he turned to say as much when their new friend both took his leave and the bodyguard in question cut in.

Glancing down he did note a rather later....scent than normal clinging to the finery of his wardrobe. "Oh my! Yes suppose that would be important, wouldn't do to be seen looking like this."

Smiling up at her and the rest of their happy band he nodded to Lia, "The gardens are lovely yes, but the tavern is on the way should you wish a wash first perhaps? Looking at the Soldier in their presence "and I dare say we have all sorts of exciting news for your companion adventurers!"

Looking to Nemiea at last he just about glomped her in a massive hug, "Oh my dear flopple marshmallow fluff what fun it all was!"
    Lia

Post  Lia on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:22 pm

@ Nicole, I did say Lia was gona get cleaned up first. Razz
    Vinnie

Post  Vinnie on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:48 pm

@ ....akedama wasn't paying attention...? Shocked Embarassed
    Vinnie

Post  Vinnie on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Rune's hawk landed nearby them with a letter from his master bearing Akedama's name. The bird of prey lingered for a moment on the bit of time worn wood it had landed upon and Akedama took the offered note and read it. His face lighting up and grinning amused and rather intrigued really.

'His Akedama?'

Well the man was from the tower and Akadama was more than familiar with how that sort tended to bend their thoughts and phrasing, none the less it was all rather...charming... He smiled to himself with a hum in his throat before re-reading the brief letter lingering on the barest mention of his 'companion' and sly eyes slid silently to Nemia. The eyes matched the knife of a smile he wore on his face familiar with teasing suggestion and a familiar glimpse of cunning meddling to the amiable street fighter.

"It seems we have an invitation to tea with a certain cleric this afternoon Marshmellow flops....and he's adamantly insisting on your attendance..." He hit is mark with the slight innuendo in his tone, even if the mark in question was so far off target the archer was aiming for his own foot, but it hit the mark none the less. There was a brief pang of regret but it was overshadowed by the thrill of happiness that his dear Nemiy had finally set her eyes on someone!

"Well, it would be simply foolish to insult an invitation to the tower." Looking to the hawk as it lingered Akedama's smile was far more friendly and excited and he bobbed his head, grinning briskly in the affirming nod for the creature to take back to his master.

"Come along dear ladies, things to do, baths too take! Time flies before us!"

Offering his elbow to the nearest of his female companions (take your pick who ;-)) He smiled warmly and looked forward to the promise of a soon to be realised dream of a hot bath, with bubbles! And wine! And perhaps even a treat or two!...or three if the bath attendant was that Skykes fellow...talented hands on that one...
    Lia

Post  Lia on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:53 pm

Lia looked at the situation "No offense Akadama, but I think I will make my own way back, take a bath, and head to the park. Might go visit Timmy and Uggu and see how they doing." and starts to move off "Enjoy your tea with our new friend and send my regards"
    Lia

Post  Lia on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:58 pm

In the park, the earth shook beneath her, and all those strange things happened with the darkened sky. "This isn't good" and when the shaking stopped, she went to check on Timmy, then find the others. Something is up.....
    Lia

Post  Lia on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:44 pm

After seeing that Timmy and Uggu are fine, Lia started to go back to the tavern where the others were last, hopefully they are still ok as well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:49 pm